Professional 16th C. History ConsultingUsing Art to Bring Shakespeare's History to Life
I bring the history of William Shakespeare to your writing, film, and stage performances. As an artist and independent historian, I work in documentary interviews, podcasting, illustration, & infographics. I have a BA in English, with a concentration in Shakespeare, and an MEng in Information Engineering. My most recent projects include hosting That Shakespeare Life, illustrating travel intineraries for 16th century history tours, consulting for documentaries, directing educational films, PhD dissertation editing, animating plays, and serving as a dramaturg for theater directors. I like to use creative work to bring Shakespeare's history to life.
Ways I can help
Dissertation Editing & Proofreading
Your dissertation lasts long after your defense of it. It is important to make sure your document is not only free from basic proofreading errors but that you follow the specific formatting guidelines of your institution. The publication of your dissertation will represent you to potential employers and form a solid foundation for your entire career. Let me help you make your dissertation your most powerful asset before you even set foot inside the room for your defense.
Historical Diagrams and Illustrations
In depth research is often best communicated in pictures. A diagram to compliment your research paper or academic publication can enhance your thesis by making your research easier to grasp. For professional ventures like historical travel tours or digital downloads for a podcast, illustrations make great advertising for your company as well as built-in souviners for your customers. Let me bring your history research to life with vibrant and accurate illustrations.
When you are setting your project in the past, you want to make sure you bring all the intricacies of the context into your project so they can compliment, rather than detract from, your overall story. As someone who spends a significant amount of time in 16-17th century England, Scotland, and Wales, I can help make sure the small details of your film, novel, or play are historically accurate.
Get Started Now
16th Century History Expertise at your service
Article Development & Editing
16th Century Historical Research
Hand Illustrated Travel Itineraries
Custom History Diagrams & Maps
PhD/MA Thesis Editing
What I Can Do For You
Let's tell a story about William Shakespeare. When you need an extra set of eyes, a professional research partner, custom diagrams, or someone great at interviews to help you complete your documentary film, I can help you go that last mile on your project, bringing the expertise you need to finalize your ideas and bring your story to life.
Ask a good question and then answer it on film through interviews and archival footage.
Custom maps, diagrams, infographics, lesson plans, travel itineraries, and sketches.
Proofreading and Research Analysis. 7 Day Turn Around time. MLA and APA Style.
Historical Novel Review
Proofreading & Historical Review for inaccuracies and anachronisms.
Let's Get to Work!
Want to Make a Movie?
Let's tell a story about Shakespeare on film! I work in interview based, short form, documentaries for film festivals, museums, Shakespeare festivals, universities, and historical societies.
- MA Thesis
- Historical Novels
- Script Review
- charged at 2 cents per word (USD) to review. No charge for revisions/second looks (limit 2).
- Proofreading, research analysis, and developmental editing included.
- Illustrated Itineraries
- Historical Diagrams
- Illustrated Maps
- Artist maintains portfolio rights to the final image. Client receives ownership rights to freely use and distribute final image. Two drafts provided and Up to 3 Revisions included.
- We specialize in historical interviews and provide the on camera interview work, the filming and post production. Cost is impacted by time, production details, coordinating guests, research needed, and total running time. Contact me for a full quote and to see our portfolio.
- At this time, our documentary shorts are operating fully remote. This has in no way impacted our ability to produce a quality film. Our latest fully-remote documentary short was an official selection at The All Around Film Festival in Paris France as well as nominated for Best Documentary Short at the Shakespeare Film Festival in Stratford Upon Avon, England.